Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Letting Go of Grudges….

You have to let go of your grudges whether it's a justified grudge or not….. We all have seen friendships and relationships disappear in the blink of an eye. When is it time to bury the hatchet and move on? Its awkward being around someone you would normally talk to and after a disagreement you can barley look each other in the eyes. Why do we hold on to such senseless grudges, even when you have moved on from it or made peace with it? I think people may think extending the olive branch is the same as waving the white flag. The fear that the other person may reject your offer to move past the situation, which does happens. When a person chooses to hold ill feelings towards you, make peace with it and be done. It really bothers me when you hear people say (myself included) "I have not liked her since high school, she was talking to such and such while we were together" Really? How many times have you moved on, she moved on, and he moved on, yet you are still holding on the bitterness… Not saying that everyone you have beef with you should reach out to and skip down the street holding hands. But those you come into contact with on regular basis (family members, close friends, co workers, church members, in laws etc) smooth things over so when you see each other you can act normal and not have the room full of tension. Doing so will help you stay off "defensive mode" while in their presence. Sometimes writing a letter and saying what's on your mind can work wonders. It can start an open dialogue to fixing the problems that you and that person may have. It's crazy because I wrote this Blog Post last week and never posted it. I attended bible study last night and this was our group lesson, so I had to share. While writing this blog I know that I as well need to tie up some loose ends with a few folks. Just to free myself!!! It is my hope that you will read and share the post with someone, and you maybe extend the olive branch or bury the hatchet. Make sure to share your experience if you choose to challenge yourself to let go of old baggage…. LET IT GOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. This is great I just got over this myself....... Once you let go silly shit no longer bothers u.... But not till u bcome a grown women/man will u/they be able to understand this blog....... It made me feel so much better when I found peace with person

    ReplyDelete