Thursday, October 13, 2011

What Not To Wear..... When Going To Church













Now before I start my post I just want to say this… what I am about to say is more of an opinion than me passing judgment!! (Yall know I am about to do the fool). There are clearly some do’s and don’ts when it comes to church attire. I think people are getting downright disrespectful when it comes to dressing for church. The lord say come as you are, but folks he was talking about our sins!! Have you ever sat in church and said is that a club outfit or is his pants too low? Okay if you are a street walker I understand, that’s all you may have. But if you have six inch heels and a Kelly Bundy dress on, I am most sure you at least have a pair of jeans and t-shirt in your closet. You have to carry yourself a little better when entering the house of the lord; it makes people question your intensions I mean who really can focus when your back is out in church, the top of your dress is see through, all you can see is your g-string and rolls, I mean really? The funny is, last Sunday as I was in church waiting for it to start, I watched people as they came in and was puzzled by some of the clothing choices that a few people had made, call it what you want it’s my opinion. And could you believe my pastor even touched up on that very same subject that I was perplexed over earlier that day, by saying “that’s all he or she may have to wear” I totally agree with pastor but when I Think about some of the men and women I have seen committing these fashion crimes, I think otherwise. Sometimes for women putting on a blazer, cardigan, flats, or a pair of opaque tights will save your outfit. And for men pulling up your pants, wearing a dress shirt, or even wearing a solid color polo or simple striped polo( does not have to be name brand but “polo” style shirt) can make a total difference. Since many people sit in church and other places and wonder “what the hell” I will come to the rescue!! Let’s get one thing clear… I am by no means the “fashion police” just trying to put some of you on game!! So I need all my readers to send in pictures of what you believe is “church appropriate and what’s not appropriate” and ways to fix some of these fashion crimes!! I look forward to all of your pictures!!! Please see pictures to lee.chiquita@ymail.com Make it fun grab your girls and show us your ideas and thoughts!!

1 comment:

  1. so glad you did this!!I am a teacher can you do one On how to dress when bringing/picking your children up? women and men need to take more pride in themselves!!!

    ReplyDelete