Thursday, October 13, 2011

Just a thought!!

























My blog is not centered around entertainment, but sometimes I do write about hot topics, I have been following up on a few entertainment stories that I find interesting and those I am supper excited about. There has been a rumor for some time that there will be a sequel to a few good movies and remake of one, and boy I am ready to see them, but also a little scared at the same time. Some movies should just be left as is. Steel magnolias is one of my all time favorite moves, man I cry every time I see that movie it just does something to me, well lifetime has a remake in the making, with an all black cast, I love supporting my black divas, but can they and will they live up to the high standards of that movie? And who will they get to play the role of Shelby, Ouiser (weezer), and truvy, baby Jackson? And they better have that armadillo cake, the funeral scene better make me cry and laugh…. The list goes on!!! As if that’s not enough to think about they want to do squeals to The Best Man & Waiting to exhale… there are a few questions that we all want answered… but will we want to know the answers? I mean these two movies make up the very fine fiber of movies in the black community…. Could we pull it off? Remaking or making squeals on any movie is such a hard task. Because people base their opinion on the original piece, and it’s been 20, 12, and 16 years after these movies has been made. As far as Waiting To Exhale and The Best Man I want the original cast, I will not accept nothing less!!! Lol….. So who would you put in the steel magnolias remake? Please share your thoughts and ideas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment