Thursday, October 20, 2011

Sideliner or Prime Timer?





Does second place get a prize? After countless conversations about cheating and being the other the woman I think it time to discuss this. Which side of the fence you reside on? I must admit I have had the pleasure of being on both sides. Is this something I pride myself in NO, but it is part of my story and I could never act as if it did not happen. We are all human and make mistakes so please don’t judge me. Here is where I stand…. When I was just starting college I indeed dated a guy who had a girlfriend(s) for me it was never about her or me it started out as something to do. I mean he really wanted me and seemed nice so I was like “what the hell” and took him up on his offer of dinner and a movie. The best thing is I now can look back on that situation and truly thank god... That I am healthy and came out with a sound mind and no children. He was a great teacher… and I was his best student, Young pretty and unaware of my worth!! It was all fun and games in the early stages and as time went on, this relationship started wanting more of me, I wanted to build a life around this lie many sleepless nights, many broken promises. I mean one day cloud nine the next day… I hated him; it was the roller coaster emotions that sometimes kept me I knew he would always make it up to me and that I loved!!! One day while sitting with a friend, she asked me what was his girlfriend name was… and when I had to think and name a few names, I knew that this was a mess that I had myself in. But being with him was my drug … to this day he still gives me chills… I mean I could write a book about us and you really would not believe it. But I also knew that I could not continue seeing him after so many of my family members warned me, he is too old for you, too much experience for you. I never seen any valid reasons for them to all dislike our relationship like that, I was blind and could not see past his amazing personality. Don’t get me wrong he is not the devil; he is actually a great guy, just not for me during that time. One day I woke up and wanted more….. I did the math and no matter how I tried to add it we could have never made it. So I walked away, I walked away so upset with myself at how I acted. But I also knew I could never be the other women. I never understood why some women go after men with a wife or girlfriend why would you set yourself up for the part- time happiness and never ending pain and embarrassment? When I was dating that guy I never set out to take him from her, nor did I try… it was simply something to do I never really knew who is girlfriend was because he had a few (simple I know) and when the time came around that I wanted him to be my man, I knew I had made one of the biggest mistakes in my life. So why would you want to sneak around with someone, be that get-a-way girl, why would you want to spend countless nights alone knowing the one you want is in the arms of someone else , why would you not want to be this trophy, just the box he hides underneath his bed. People say as a woman you should never do that to other women, and that’s true but your main concern should be why you would do that to yourself. This is a time when you need to be selfish and think of only you!!!! Life had taught me a lot of things and something’s you have to go threw to understand, I totally understand the thrill in being with someone you are not suppose to be with and I also understand the pain that its cause on the people involved and that’s a risk I don’t ever want to take again. When I found myself in that situation again where I was perceived as being the other women I removed myself, the fact of that matter was he was dating and lying to both of us… and that’s just something I don’t want to deal with as well, I don’t want to compete with anyone, I don’t want to walk in a room and know that people are gossiping about the fact that he is not claiming me, or not claiming her or even worse he is not claiming either one of us, and we are both looking stupid. I take things for what they are…. if you have been with a man that has cheated on you numerous times and you have run off all the “hoes” he has been with… they should thank you!!! And you should look in the mirror and get ready to run the next wave of “hoes” off. Everyone deals with cheating in relationships but when it becomes a normal occurrence you may need to go back to the drawing board. There you have it....

No comments:

Post a Comment