Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Sometimes it's just better to be QUIET













I love engaging in conversations with friends and strangers alike. But sometimes I may go quiet during a conversation and sometimes folks ask...whats wrong? As I have aged I have learned that sometimes you just have to be quiet!!! Everyone knows a person who wants to lead and control any conversation... and yes it gets on my nerves. This is how I see it there are times that I may have a story or comment about a certain subject or person.... But I choose not to speak because I don't think people care about my opinion and also after so many stories I will begin to come off as a liar . Maybe that's crazy but that's how I feel about people who always talk over people with their life stories and views!! Allow others to lead the conversation sit back and take in others point of view. I think if you see other people simply agreeing with you or... looking unconcerned or maybe even trying to change the subject. You have successfully ruined the conversation. I would rather have people engaging in what I am talking about and maybe even puzzled at what I am saying, that would lead me to believe I am allowing them to be part of the conversation. I think there is a time and place for everything and sometimes you just have to hold on to your thoughts of others. I don't care if "Everyone" is thinking it let them... I share my thoughts with people In my small circle ..and its not because I am scared its just not fair for me to press my judgements and thoughts on people. Even with my friends I try not to insult their feeling or choices they make in partners,friends,dress etc. I mean sometimes you have to speak on certain situations but that should be few and far between. I know by now some of you are wondering what is this post for.... You if you are that person!! Allow others to have the floor and see how your friends react to it!! I would love to hear what you guys think about this topic!! "Our greatest gift is the thunder of silence" joel goldsmith

2 comments:

  1. Can I take this to work with me!!! I need for a a few people to read this

    ReplyDelete