Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Hide your Debit cards.... Hide your Credit Cards



Never thought I would be in the middle of a credit card fraud ring... Who would have guessed it!! This past weekend someone decided they wanted to go on a shopping spree on my tab.... And boy did they shop!!! I am one of the latest victims of credit card fraud.... Somehow someway... My credit card number and expiration date was stolen and placed on another debit/credit card... I mean who does that? I honestly don't know where my information was stolen from and that is the scary part!! Honestly how many of us just swipe and go? I always thought I was careful about where I swiped my card but I guess not. So now my account is frozen and I have to wait for the investigation to be over to get my money!!! Can someone say pissed... I don't think that word gives Justice to the way I feel!! So with all that I have been threw... I thought I would share my lesson from this horrible incident .... Nothing is full proof but here are someways you can save yourself from fraud...

1. Don't swipe your card at the gas pump... Some pumps have been rigged to save all you information when you swipe... Stop being lazy and go inside the store to pay!!
2. Be careful when online shopping... Go out and purchase yourself a prepaid card of some short...that way they will not be able to rob you blind
3. Be very careful with your statements... those things have a lot of information on them.
4.Carry cash... If you plan on doing multiple things that day...carry cash it cuts down how many times you have to swipe!!
5. Make sure your bank has some time of alert in place.. that may can stop the excessive spending. I was told by a friend after the second major purchase her bank would have called her or sent a text. Another great thing is text messaging every time your card is swiped... Look into all the programs your bank has in place

As serious as this matter is... I pictured the low life's shopping with his song as their theme song..... Throw it in the Bag by Fabulous.... losers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment